This morning, I finished my 90 Day journey through the Bible. It has been an incredible, challenging, unforgettable experience. What did I learn (or relearn) during these 90 days?
- God is awesome. Try as I might, I can never completely understand Him. Yet He desires fellowship with me.
- There is nothing new under the sun. People are people, no matter the century.
- I am asked to walk by faith. For instance, I learn from the Bible that He is in control, and yet I also know that He gave me free will. I don’t understand how those two things work together, but that’s okay. I’ll take it on faith that it does work because He said so.
- How thankful I am for the grace of Jesus Christ and His sacrifice on the cross so that I might have life abundantly.
- How much I desire to live the authentic Christian life during the time I have on earth.
As I write this blog, I am listening to the first song on the Vineyard Music album of the same name, Sweetly Broken. (You can listen to clips here.) These words express much of what I’m feeling this morning.
For on it my Savior, both bruised and crushed
Showed that God is love
And God is just
At the cross You beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees, and I am
Lost for words, so lost in love,
I’m sweetly broken, wholly surrendered
What a priceless gift, undeserved life
Have I been given
Through Christ crucified
You’ve called me out of death
You’ve called me into life
And I was under Your wrath
Now through the cross I’m reconciled
In awe of the cross I must confess
How wondrous Your redeeming love and
How great is Your faithfulness
That is how I feel at the end of this 90 experience: Sweetly broken. I am drawn gently to my knees and I am lost for words and so lost in His love that I’m sweetly broken and wholly surrendered to Him. Amen.
Thank you for sharing this 90 day journey with me.
In the grip of His grace,