Happy Labor Day! Hope you are doing something fun. Me? I'm laboring on Labor Day, working on revisions for my May 2009 release.
I got tagged last week by Timothy King for a meme. I don't know that I've done 7 Random Things, so I guess I'll go for it. Here’s how this one works:
- Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
- Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog; some random, some weird.
- Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
- Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on each of their blogs.
However, I'm rotten about tagging others for these things, so I will just ignore #3 and #4 and invite anyone who wishes to join in this meme.
1) In my youth, I took seven years of ballet, but that hasn't altered the fact that I'm a klutz. I walk into walls and trip over my own feet all the time.
3) I got my daylight driver's license at the age of 14, along with just about every other kid who took Driver's Ed in Idaho back in the day. (What were the lawmakers thinking? Answer: We were mostly an agricultural state back then and young kids drove tractors and other farm equipment.)
4) No surprise to anyone who knows me, but I'm a pragmatic optimist (interesting combo, eh?). While I know how the world works, I still first expect that people will do what is right, act with integrity, be good to others, be honest, etc. And I'm always surprised when someone doesn't do the right thing. Although I get surprised and disappointed more than I'd like, I would rather look at the world through my rose-colored glasses than be a pessimist.
5) I fell head over heels for the Papillon breed of dogs while watching the National Dog Show on Thanksgiving Day 2003. Within a month, I'd found a breeder and had my order in for a puppy. By March 2004, Poppet had become the focal point of the Hatcher household.
6) I took both piano and flute lessons as a child and tween. Can't say I mastered either, but I can still play the piano a little and always mean to play it more and get better. Sorry to confess that I only do it in spurts.
There you go. Seven very random things about me.