My friend Angie tagged me with the seven random things meme. (Little known fact: Richard Dawkins coined the term meme, which first came into popular use with the publication of his book The Selfish Gene in 1976. Dawkins based the word on a shortening of the Greek "mimeme" (something imitated), making it sound similar to "gene".)
the rules: Each blogger should list 7 random facts/habits about
themselves. People who are tagged need to then report this on their own
blog with their 7 random facts as well as these rules. They then need
to tag 7 others and list their names on their blog. They are also asked
to leave a comment for each of the tagged, letting them know they have
been tagged and to read the blog.
Okay . . . here goes.
1. I first became a grandmother at the age of 41.
2. I used to raise horses and compete in timed events (barrel racing, pole bending, etc.). I was also in the Ada County Sheriff’s Mounted Posse-ettes (a drill team on horseback).
3. My favorite girlhood books were the Trixie Belden series. Nancy Drew was okay, but Trixie rocked.
4. One of my favorite all time novels is Gone With The Wind, and I love the movie too. Thus my very first novel was what I refer to as "the poor man’s Gone With The Wind." (It didn’t quite measure up to the classic.)
5. When I was still doing theater, a director told me that I was a "natural born ham." No comment.
6. I’m working on my 55th book.
7. I’ll have a devotional published in a Bible next year, a first for me.
tagging Colleen Coble, Robin Bayne, Tammy Alexander, Camy Tang, Deb Raney, Katy Raymond, and Rachelle Gardner.