Saturday. House quiet. Goal on w-i-p: at least 5 pages. Likelihood of achieving goal? See next paragraph.
I’m having company in my home this evening. (Note: Kitchen floor to be mopped; clean kitchen counters and downstairs bathroom; finish vacuuming; tidy family room; get out nice silverware; prepare desserts and vegetable tray.) I always enjoy having guests over but I seldom do it. Varying schedules are hard to work around. But God took care of the details for this reunion of our Plumbline group (the seminar I attended a month ago). I’m looking forward to seeing everyone. In a church the size of ours it’s easy to miss people from week to week, especially if everyone doesn’t sit in exactly the same spot every week).
I took a look at my New Year’s Resolutions to see how I’m doing. Am doing okay but not great.
(1) Read through the Bible, from Genesis through Revelation — I’m on track with this one. Have maintained daily reading schedule.
(2) Read two “craft books” on writing — So-so. Am halfway through one craft book, reading very sporadically.
(3) Read one “classic” novel — Have started the book I chose. It’s good but I keep getting distracted.
(4) Be faithful in my workouts at the fitness center — After the bout with sickness at the start of the year, followed by a flare-up of bursitis in my hip, I am finally back at the fitness center on a more regular basis.
(5) Reach and maintain my weight goal — Hysterical laughter filling my office. I’m so far away from this one all I can do is laugh. Right now I would settle for reaching what I weighed last August.
(6) Maintain a minimum writing goal of XXXX words per week — Nope. Haven’t maintained that goal. Am way behind where I should be.
As has been noted in the comment section in my last American Idol post, there is a web site encouraging people to vote for the worst singer on AI. I guess they have even named him as Scott. I feel kind of sorry for Scott if he is a part of this or if he even knows about it. And if this bunch succeeds then I hope AI goes back to having the panel of judges choose the winner.
One more Idol comment: I purchased the three American Idol Finalists singles (via iTunes Music Store, 21 cents of my 99 cent per single purchase goes to the American Red Cross). I have enjoyed listening to these songs and can identify most of the singers. While I wouldn’t purchase a CD from Scott, whether or not he wins, I will be on the look out in the future for CDs by Nadia, Bo, Carrie, Vonzell, and maybe Constantine.
Well, off to clean house and do a bit of writing, too.