Today, I’ve got to begin revising my 2006 Christmas novella. The editorial letter arrived last Tuesday, but I tucked it away until today because I was (1) wanting to get more done on my rewrites of my next Steeple Hill novel and (2) wanting to enjoy Christmas without stressing over a deadline.
Well, Christmas is over. Like it or not, the clock is ticking down not just on the end of 2005 but also on the time allotted for these revisions. So now I’ve read the editor’s letter through a couple of times and I’ve highlighted various suggestions, especially those that struck a chord in me. Now I’m mulling things over some more, trying to figure how to begin, especially since the first thing I must do is start the book with a different and new scene. Argh!
So while I mull, I shall also procrastinate. (How’s that for multitasking?)
Have you seen the magazine ads that American Express has been running for quite a few weeks? It’s part of the My Life, My Card campaign. There are a total of seven pages in the ad, first a photo of a celebrity, then that celeb’s answers to a list, then another celebrity and the answers, and then another celebrity and the answers. The final page is a blank form that is obviously for the reader to complete. The different celebrities featured in these ads have included Ellen Degeneres, Tiger Woods, Ken Watanabe, Kate Winslet, Mike Lazaridis (inventor of the Blackberry, I think).
So, as part of my procrastination, I am going to complete the form.
- My name … Robin Lee Hatcher
- My childhood ambition … to be a movie star
- My fondest memory … the births of my daughters, followed closely by the births of my grandchildren
- My soundtrack … music that touches my heart (contemporary Christian, movie soundtracks, Country, ballads, oldies but goodies, etc.)
- My retreat … in the mountains or on the shore
- My wildest dream … believing I could write and sell a novel
- My proudest moment … seeing The Forgiving Hour published (my first novel for the Christian market)
- My biggest challenge … living every day as a worthy representative of Christ
- My alarm clock … my own body that insists I wake up around 4:30 a.m., seven days a week
- My perfect day … would be one spent with my family, all together at the same time
- My first job … a carhop at the Frostop Drive-in
- My indulgence … would be a long vacation on a beautiful Hawaiian beach with nothing to do but read good books
- My last purchase … a DVD to watch with the family during our Christmas celebration
- My favorite movie … I have many favorites – An Ideal Husband; Sense & Sensibility; Pride & Prejudice; Finding Neverland (to name a few)
- My inspiration … women of faith
- My life … is just a prelude to eternity with the Lord
- My card … Yeah, it is American Express (but I’ve also got a VISA and a MasterCard)
Care to procrastinate with me? Let me know in the comment section if you answer on your blog so I can add to my procrastination by visiting and reading what you say. (See? I really want to procrastinate!)
Update: If you don’t have a blog of your own or don’t want to answer on your blog, feel free to post your answers in the comment section.