Another Wednesday. Another chance to win a book or two. Let the guessing begin.
This author spent her early years in rural Arkansas, the middle child of three. One time she and her older brother had a sword fight while doing dishes, and she almost cut off his thumb with the butcher knife she was using. Her favorite outside play house was in the middle of the lilac bushes. Running through the sprinkler was the closest thing she had to a swimming pool. She and her brother raised rabbits and sold them to a packing plant to help pay for the first bicycle they shared. They also gathered black walnuts and shucked them to help with the purchase. They walked two miles into town to go to elementary school. In high school she was inducted into the National Beta Club, an honor society.
- Entrant must put their guess in a comment on the Write Thinking blog. Commenting on Facebook or Twitter doesn’t count toward a chance to win.
- Entrant must have a USA mailing address to be eligible to win a book. (Sorry. Cost of postage outside the US is too prohibitive.)
- The first person to name the featured author correctly wins a Robin Lee Hatcher novel (of Robin’s choice). If no one has guessed correctly by Friday morning, there will be no winner for this round. Many of our featured authors also offer a book to the winner, but that changes from week to week, so no guarantees.
- If there is a winner, he or she will be announced in an update at the bottom of this post. If the winner fails to contact Robin at her Write Thinking email address (see left sidebar) with his/her mailing address, no prize will be awarded to a runner-up.
- No one who has won a book within one month is eligible to win.
Be sure to check back to this post on Friday to see the answer and to see if you’ve won.
UPDATE: We have a winner! Once again Lisa Nelson has guessed the right author and will be receiving a book from me and one from Lena. (Lisa, please email me your address as well as the book/books you already have so that I don’t repeat.)
Award-winning author, Lena Nelson Dooley, has more than 650,000 books in print. She is a member of ACFW and president of the local chapter. She recently received the Will Rogers Medallion award for western fiction. Lena loves James, her children, grandchildren, and great grandson. She loves chocolate, cherries, chocolate-covered cherries, and spending time with friends. Travel is always on her horizon. Cruising, Galveston, the Ozark Mountains of Arkansas, Mexico. One day it will be Hawaii and Australia, but probably not at the same time. Helping other authors become published really floats her boat. She has been awarded three Carol Award silver pins and received the American Christian Fiction Writers Mentor of the Year award at their national conference. The high point of her day is receiving feedback from her readers, especially her fans. And she loves chocolate, especially dark chocolate. For more information about Lena and her books, please visit her web site.
Reminder, I am taking a break from this feature but should return in late October. See you then!