Here we go again. Let’s give away a book or two.
This author can still remember the first time she sat down in her little red rocking chair and read a book by herself. When she finished, she realized the door to a thousand worlds had just been opened to her. Her passion for reading inspired her sisters to give her a new name: Bunker Bookworm. She grew up in a place that few people realize actually achieved statehood, so that when she went to college in Oklahoma and mentioned she was from Delaware, she was repeatedly asked, “What state is that in?” She was born with wild red hair that her mother never quite knew how to tame, and now she herself doesn’t know what to do with it but…who cares! So many books, so little time to think about things like fly-away hair!
- Entrant must put their guess in a comment on the Write Thinking blog. Commenting on Facebook or Twitter doesn’t count toward a chance to win.
- Entrant must have a USA mailing address to be eligible to win a book. (Sorry. Cost of postage outside the US is too prohibitive.)
- The first person to name the featured author correctly wins a Robin Lee Hatcher novel (of Robin’s choice). If no one has guessed correctly by Friday morning, there will be no winner for this round. Many of our featured authors also offer a book to the winner, but that changes from week to week, so no guarantees.
- If there is a winner, he or she will be announced in an update at the bottom of this post. If the winner fails to contact Robin at her Write Thinking email address (see left sidebar) with his/her mailing address, no prize will be awarded to a runner-up.
- No one who has won a book within one month is eligible to win.
Be sure to check back to this post on Friday to see the answer and to see if you’ve won.
UPDATE: We have a winner!! Julie Naudid correctly identified our featured author and will be receiving a book from her and from me. Julie, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your mailing address. Also since you have won previously, please let me know which of my titles NOT to send to you so I won’t duplicate.
Our featured author is Ann Tatlock. Ann lives on the side of a mountain in beautiful Western North Carolina with her husband, daughter, Dad, three Chihuahuas and a guinea pig. (When she tells people she lives in North Carolina, they recognize the place as a state.) She still loves to read, though her sisters no longer call her Bunker Bookworm. She began her writing career as an assistant editor of Billy Graham’s “Decision” magazine before turning to novel writing full-time. Her newest release, Promises to Keep, was named by Booklist as one of the Top Ten Historical Novels of the Year.
Be sure to check back next week for another found of Name This Author.