Okay, friends. Let’s have lots of guesses and give away books!
The photo of our featured author of teen fiction was taken as she sat on the counter looking out her Nana’s window looking at the “blue-gays”. Bird-watching fell by the wayside though and she can only identify a cardinal at this point, and only the male. She lived on a small farm for a while where they had the usual animals; cats, dogs and guinea pigs, plus some unusual ones; horses, chickens, a goat, peacocks, geese and pet squirrels. The geese were quite mean. She went to more than a dozen different schools by the time she hit 8th grade, which she did not find pleasant or amusing. Her favorite place to vacation is the beach and if she was rich, she’s pretty sure that the only luxury she’d really want is a little cottage right by the sand and waves. She adores being a wife and mom and loves having daughters — even though they keep growing up and won’t wear cute little dresses anymore. She considers herself a storyteller and likes to tell stories for the page, stage and screen. At any given time, she has half a dozen stories floating around in her head, which is why she needs so much coffee and may not remember your name when you meet her.
- Entrant must put their guess in a comment on the Write Thinking blog. Commenting on Facebook or Twitter doesn’t count toward a chance to win.
- Entrant must have a USA mailing address to be eligible to win a book. (Sorry. Cost of postage outside the US is too prohibitive.)
- The first person to name the featured author correctly wins a Robin Lee Hatcher novel (of Robin’s choice). If no one has guessed correctly by Friday morning, there will be no winner for this round. Many of our featured authors also offer a book to the winner, but that changes from week to week, so no guarantees.
- If there is a winner, he or she will be announced in an update at the bottom of this post. If the winner fails to contact Robin at her Write Thinking email address (see left sidebar) with his/her mailing address, no prize will be awarded to a runner-up.
- No one who has won a book within one month is eligible to win.
Be sure to check back to this post on Friday to see the answer and to see if you’ve won.
UPDATE: We have a winner. June, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your complete name and mailing address so the Sarah and I can send you a book.
Sarah Anne Sumpolec is the author of the popular teen fiction series, Becoming Beka, a five-book series about 16-year-old Beka Madison, and Totally Unfamous, a spin-off novel to that series. She also just signed a contract for a new YA novel that will come out in what feels like forever. Sarah’s personal testimony of her journey from being a teen witch to becoming a Christian has been featured on Janet Parshall’s America, The 700 Club and The Tyra Banks Show. Sarah is passionate about writing for and speaking to teens and twenty somethings and is regularly online. She can be found at her own website (a naked faith) and the Girls, God and the Good Life Blog.
Come back next Wednesday for another round of Name This Author.