Another Wednesday. Let’s give away a novel!
Born in Portage, Wisconsin, this author of nine titles is the third of five children. Her parents divorced when she was young, leaving her mother to raise her and her siblings alone. She grew up in a trailer court. When she was thirteen she attended a youth group camping retreat where she gave her heart to Christ. As a teen she went on two summer missions trips–to Costa Rica and Haiti. She has a heart for missions and still hopes God calls her to the mission field. She lived for a year in St. Croix USVI and while snorkeling one night was stung repeatedly by jellyfish! Her sister and brother-in-law work with orphans in China. It was their love of these children that inspired this author and her husband to adopt a little girl from Korea. They have four biological children as well. All of their kids are girls–ranging in age from 22 to 6! She is an avid tennis player and plays regularly with her girlfriends. She enjoys hiking, sewing (aprons especially!), knitting, cooking, and of course reading. She is an editor for many of the top fiction authors in the Christian market. She has a bad habit of chewing ice, which her husband always scolds her for!
- Entrant must put their guess in a comment on the Write Thinking blog. Commenting on Facebook or Twitter doesn’t count toward a chance to win.
- Entrant must have a USA mailing address to be eligible to win a book. (Sorry. Cost of postage outside the US is too prohibitive.)
- The first person to name the featured author correctly wins a Robin Lee Hatcher novel (of Robin’s choice). If no one has guessed correctly by Friday morning, there will be no winner for this round. Many of our featured authors also offer a book to the winner, but that changes from week to week, so no guarantees.
- If there is a winner, he or she will be announced in an update at the bottom of this post. If the winner fails to contact Robin at her Write Thinking email address (see left sidebar) with his/her mailing address, no prize will be awarded to a runner-up.
- No one who has won a book within one month is eligible to win.
Be sure to check back to this post on Friday to see the answer and to see if you’ve won.
Well, bummer. A second week in a row without a winner. And only two guesses. Is everyone on vacation this week?
Our featured author this week is Traci DePree. Traci is the author of nine books. She loves creating new worlds where readers can escape the demands of everyday life and discover a deeper place of faith where true hope resides. She makes her home in a rural town in Minnesota where she fills her days with books, volunteering, gathering with friends and loved ones, playing a little tennis, riding dirt bike, as well as sewing and knitting! She and her husband of almost 26 years have five kids, ranging in age from twenty-two to six. For more information, visit her web site.
Come back next week for another round of Name This Author.