Yea! I'm a day late, almost two, but it is time to get Name This Author up and rolling again. So here goes:
This author grew up in the Northwest among a family that loved the outdoors. Summers were filled with gardening, fishing trips, hunting, camping, hiking and berry picking. Berry picking was fun, but sometimes it meant driving up narrow winding roads high in the mountains. The word terrified doesn’t come close to how she felt as they made their way to the berry field. Aside from that she enjoyed the outings. Riding horses was one of her favorite fun things to do. And she often went swimming in the many lakes near her home. Once while on an Alaskan vacation, she and her family were caught in a storm while trying to make their way back to civilization. They had to put in to shore and stayed a night in two tiny seal hunter cabins until the storm passed. Though the waters were rough the following day, they set out in a dory. Our author was nearly bounced out of the boat as it bounded over ocean waves. Her father came to her rescue and planted her on the bottom of the boat. They were also surrounded by a pod of beluga whales and actually ran over the back of one with the boat.
- Entrant must put their guess in a comment on the Write Thinking blog. Commenting on Facebook or Twitter doesn't count toward a chance to win.
- Entrant must have a USA mailing address to be eligible to win a book. (Sorry. Cost of postage outside the US is too prohibitive.)
- The first person to name the featured author correctly wins a Robin Lee Hatcher novel (of Robin's choice). If no one has guessed correctly by Friday morning, there will be no winner for this round. Many of our featured authors also offer a book to the winner, but that changes from week to week, so no guarantees.
- If there is a winner, he or she will be announced in an update at the bottom of this post. If the winner fails to contact Robin at her Write Thinking email address (see left sidebar) with his/her mailing address, no prize will be awarded to a runner-up.
- No one who has won a book within one month is eligible to win.
Because I'm late with this week's feature, you have until Sunday morning to guess. Be sure to check back to this post on Sunday to see the answer and to see if you've won.
Update: We have a winner! Lisa Nelson, you've done it again. Please contact me with your mailing address.
Our featured author is Bonnie Leon. Bonnie is the author of eighteen novels, including the popular Touching the Clouds, Wings of Promise, the Sydney Cove series and the bestselling Journey of Eleven Moons. She also stays busy speaking for women’s groups and teaching at writing seminars and conventions. Bonnie and her husband, Greg, live in Southern Oregon. They have three grown children and five grandchildren. To learn more about Bonnie and her books, please visit her web site.
Check back on Wednesday for the next round of Name This Author.