We have arrived at Wednesday again. As always, the middle of the week sure got here fast.
This week’s featured author confesses that she was a pesky little sister who, out of boredom, would start fights with her brother, then hide behind their mother so he couldn’t beat her up; despite that, her brother loves her and she him. In grade school, she loved to pretend she was a horse or, on occasion, Bambi. She’s always had a vivid imagination, but it didn’t occur to her as a child that said imagination would lead to her becoming a novelist. The Western states, from Washington to California to Montana to Utah, were familiar travel spots, but she never traveled farther east than central Wyoming until she was over 35. Since then, she has visited all but seven of the United States, plus a couple of foreign countries as a bonus. (Click photo to see larger version.)
- Entrant must put their guess in a comment on the Write Thinking blog. Commenting on Facebook or Twitter doesn’t count toward a chance to win. (At present, commenters are not required to sign in, making it easier for more folks to play.)
- Entrant must have a USA mailing address to be eligible to win a book. (Sorry. Cost of postage outside the US is too prohibitive.)
- The first person to name the featured author correctly wins a Robin Lee Hatcher novel (of Robin’s choice). If no one has guessed correctly by Friday morning, there will be no winner for this round.
- If there is a winner, he or she will be announced in an update at the bottom of this post. If the winner fails to contact Robin at her Write Thinking email address (see left sidebar) with his/her mailing address, no prize will be awarded to a runner-up.
- No one who has won a book within one month is eligible to win.
Be sure to check back to this post on Friday to see the answer and to see if you’ve won.
P.S. The Name This Author feature is going to take a break to give me time to round up some more victims … er … willing participants. It’s summer and lots of writers are vacationing or working hard to meet deadlines. So I’m going to give myself a break and not worry about this Wednesday feature for a few weeks. We’ll resume sometime in August. So Round 31 is your last chance to win a book for a while. You’d better guess!!
Well, I thought I’d stumped you, but the right answer came in last night. Yes, this time it was me. Look, my hair is almost the same today as it was then. LOL! Lisa Nelson, please send me your address (firstname.lastname@example.org) so I can send you your prize.
Best-selling novelist Robin Lee Hatcher is known for her heartwarming and emotionally charged stories of faith, courage, and love. She makes her home in Idaho where she enjoys spending time with her family, her high-maintenance Papillon, Poppet, and Princess Pinky, the kitten who currently terrorizes the household. Her 63rd book releases next month. Visit her web site here.
Remember, I’m taking a break, but Name This Author will return on August 10th, and I’ve already lined up another group of great authors who are ready to play with us.