What fun! It’s Wednesday, and I’ve got another author for you to identify. Let the guessing begin.
Contrary to what you might think if you were to meet her today, this award-winning, best-selling author was voted Most Courteous by her seventh grade classmates. When she was on her senior high school homecoming court, she flubbed the presentation at the basketball game, and was then henceforth known as “the attendant who forgot to bow” for the rest of her senior year. Moving on to college, she studied business marketing and management and coordinated corporate conferences before finding her way into writing. One of her most vivid childhood memories—and an experience that sparked her love for history—is that of running her hand along the stone wall of a castle in Germany and feeling the stories of the people of who had lived there. A less favorable memory from childhood is that of eating a grape pixie stick on a warm Southern afternoon and fighting a brief—and losing—battle with a bumble bee who wanted it too. She was stung in the ear (the author, not the bee). 🙂
- Entrant must put their guess in a comment on the Write Thinking blog. Commenting on Facebook or Twitter doesn’t count toward a chance to win. (At present, commenters are not required to sign in, making it easier for more folks to play.)
- Entrant must have a USA mailing address to be eligible to win a book. (Sorry. Cost of postage outside the US is too prohibitive.)
- The first person to name the featured author correctly wins a Robin Lee Hatcher novel (of Robin’s choice). If no one has guessed correctly by Friday morning, there will be no winner for this round.
- If there is a winner, he or she will be announced in an update at the bottom of this post. If the winner fails to contact Robin at her Write Thinking email address (see left sidebar) with his/her mailing address, no prize will be awarded to a runner-up.
- No one who has won a book within one month is eligible to win.
Be sure to check back to this post on Friday to see the answer and to see if you’ve won.
Update: We have a winner! Theresa Warren guessed correctly and she will win not only one of my books but one of our featured author’s books. Theresa, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your address so that Tamera and I can get those books in the mail to you.
Tamera Alexander is a best-selling novelist whose deeply drawn characters, thought-provoking plots, and poignant prose resonate with readers. Having lived in Colorado for seventeen years, she and her husband now make their home in Nashville Tennessee, along with Tamera’s father, Doug, and with their two adult children who live near by. And don’t forget Jack, their precious–and precocious–silky terrier.
Come back next week for another round of Name This Author!