The last edition of Name This Author failed to produce a winner. Let’s hope there are more attempts and better results this time.
This award-winning author is a mom and grandmother who has teaching in her bones. Some fun facts about her include:
- She is a “beadaholic”!
- Everyone in her family is either an engineer or a teacher.
- She is a professional dieter and has been at it since the age of 11.
- She has over 3000 children’s picture books.
- Her favorite movies are Stardust, Enchanted, and Mr. Magorium’s Magic Emporium, and she loves the TV show, Dr. Who.
Here she is with her brothers (click for larger version):
- Entrant must put their guess in a comment on the Write Thinking blog. Commenting on Facebook or Twitter doesn’t count toward a chance to win. (At present, commenters are not required to sign in, making it easier for more folks to play.)
- Entrant must have a USA mailing address to be eligible to win a book. (Sorry. Cost of postage outside the US is too prohibitive.)
- The first person to name the featured author correctly wins a Robin Lee Hatcher novel (of Robin’s choice). If no one has guessed correctly by Friday morning, there will be no winner for this round.
- If there is a winner, he or she will be announced in an update at the bottom of this post. If the winner fails to contact Robin at her Write Thinking email address (see left sidebar) with his/her mailing address, no prize will be awarded to a runner-up.
- No one who has won a book within one month is eligible to win.
Be sure to check back to this post on Friday to see the answer and to see if you’ve won.
UPDATE: We have a winner. Congratulations to Deborah Raney for guessing correctly. Deb, please contact me with your address. Donita is also giving away a book to the winner!
The round’s author is Donita K. Paul. Donita retired early from teaching school, but soon got bored! The result: a determination to start a new career. Now she is an award-winning novelist writing Christian Romance and Fantasy. She says, “I feel blessed to be doing what I like best.” She mentors all ages, teaching teenagers and weekly adult writing workshops. For more information about Donita and her books, please visit her web site.