Goodness! Life got busy and I somehow forgot to do my Wednesday posts of Name This Author for the past two weeks. My apologies to all who wait them.
Round 11’s author has written more than 15 novels and says she “writes with an accent.” She founded a non-profit charity for women and children with HIV and has taught writing at the university level. I’ve been privileged to call her “friend” since 1996.
- Entrant must put their guess in a comment on the Write Thinking blog (commenters must sign in using any of a number of different methods: Typepad ID, Facebook ID, Twitter ID, Google ID, Blogger ID, etc.). Commenting on Facebook or Twitter doesn’t count toward a chance to win.
- Entrant must have a USA mailing address to be eligible to win a book. (Sorry. Cost of postage outside the US is too prohibitive.)
- The first person to name the featured author correctly wins a Robin Lee Hatcher novel (of Robin’s choice). If no one has guessed correctly by Friday morning, there will be no winner for this round.
- If there is a winner, he or she will be announced in an update at the bottom of this post. If the winner fails to contact Robin at her Write Thinking email address (see left sidebar) with his/her mailing address, no prize will be awarded to a runner-up.
- No one who has won a book within one month is eligible to win.
Be sure to check back to this post on Friday to see the answer and to see if you’ve won.
UPDATE (2-4-11): Where are all my usual guessers? Only one attempt to name the author this week, and sadly for her, the author is not JK Rowling.
This round’s author is Patricia Hickman. Patricia is an award-winning author of fiction and non-fiction whose work has been praised by critics and readers alike. She first studied creative writing at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock and then went on to do graduate studies in writing at Queens University. She has served as a writing professor at UNCC. To learn more visit her website.
And check back next week for another round of Name This Author.