Is it prudent to go public with my resolutions? Well, probably not. But I’m going to do it anyway. (Blame the insanity on this cold — by the way, thanks for your get well wishes; I’m feeling better.)
In 2005, I resolve to:
- Read through the Bible, from Genesis through Revelation;
- Read two "craft books" on writing;
- Read one "classic" novel;
- Be faithful in my workouts at the fitness center;
- Reach and maintain my weight goal (not telling what that is!);
- Maintain a minimum writing goal of XXXX words per week (not telling that either).
I think readers can figure out why I won’t tell my weight goal. Or at least all the women readers. As for resolution #6, I’m not saying what my goal is only because this is something that must be different for every writer, and when we compare ourselves, it can be damaging. I don’t want another writer out there to compare her writing production to mine.
So there you go. With any luck, no one will check back with me on December 31, 2005 to see how I did.
Have a safe and happy New Year’s Eve and may your own resolutions be realized.
grace to you,