Robin Lee Hatcher is the author of 90 novels and novellas with over five million copies in print. She’s known for her heartwarming and emotionally charged stories of faith, courage, and love. Her numerous awards include the RITA®, the Carol, the Christy, the HOLT Medallion, the National Reader’s Choice, and the Faith, Hope & Love Reader’s Choice. Robin is also the recipient of prestigious Lifetime Achievement Awards from both American Christian Fiction Writers and Romance Writers of America®. When not writing, she enjoys being with her family, spending time in the beautiful Idaho outdoors, Bible art journaling, reading books that make her cry, watching romantic movies, and decorative planning. Robin makes her home on the outskirts of Boise, sharing it with a demanding Papillon dog and a persnickety tuxedo cat.
Robin Lee Hatcher is the author of 90 novels and novellas with over five million copies in print. Her well-drawn characters and heartwarming stories of faith, courage, and love have earned her both critical acclaim and the devotion of readers. Her numerous awards include the Christy Award for Excellence in Christian Fiction, the RITA® Award for Best Inspirational Romance, Romantic Times Career Achievement Awards for Americana Romance and for Inspirational Fiction, the Carol Award, the 2011 Idahope Writer of the Year, and Lifetime Achievement Awards from both Romance Writers of America® (2001) and American Christian Fiction Writers (2014). Catching Katie was named one of the Best Books of 2004 by the Library Journal.
Robin began her writing career in the general market, writing mass market romances for Leisure Books, HarperPaperbacks, Avon Books, and Silhouette. In 1997, Robin felt called to write stories of faith and hasn’t looked back since. She has written both contemporary and historical women’s fiction and romance for CBA publishers (Thomas Nelson, Zondervan, Revell, Steeple Hill, Tyndale House, Multnomah, and WaterBrook).
When not writing, Robin enjoys being with her family, spending time in the beautiful Idaho outdoors, Bible art journaling, reading books that make her cry, watching romantic movies, and decorative planning. She makes her home on the outskirts of Boise, sharing it with a demanding Papillon dog and a persnickety tuxedo cat.
- Robin wrote her first novel on yellow legal pads from March to November 1981; it was published in 1984
- From 1984 to 1999, Robin had 30 releases for the general mass market; beginning in 1999, she has had over 50 releases in the Christian market
- There are over 5 million copies of Robin’s books in print worldwide
- The overriding theme in Robin’s books is the beauty of God’s grace and the joy of second chances
- Robin is a popular speaker at writers’ conferences and Christian women’s retreats
- Robin is a past president of Romance Writers of America (1992-1994) and served on the RWA board of directors for five years
- In 2001, Robin was the recipient of the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award from Romance Writers of America
- In 2014, Robin was again honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award, this time from American Christian Fiction Writers
- Eleven of Robin’s books have been finalists for the prestigious RITA Award and two of her novels received the award
- Eight of Robin’s books have been finalists for the ACFW Carol Award and one of her novels received the award
- Robin’s novel, Whispers From Yesterday, received the Christy Award for Excellence in Christian Fiction
- In 2018, Robin received the RT Pioneer Award for her contributions to the romance genre since 1984
2001 Lifetime Achievement Award acceptance
2001 RITA Award acceptance
1999 RITA Award acceptance
1999 100 Huntley Street television interview
Robin’s agent: Natasha Kern
(right click image to save)