For Thyself, best Gift Divine! To our race so freely given;
For that great, great love of Thine, peace on earth, and joy in heaven:
Lord of all, to Thee we raise this our hymn of grateful praise.
Thanksgiving Day is almost upon us in the USA. In the beginning, this holiday was about thanking God for His provisions. Sadly, like so much else in our culture, God has been removed from the day. It has become nothing more than “turkey day” for so many.
So I’m challenging each one of us to start a list today of people and things we are thankful to God for. I’ll start:
- I’m thankful to God for the freedom of religion which we still enjoy in America (although somewhat precariously of late).
- I’m thankful to God for the unexpected way He answered my prayers for Jerry.
- I’m thankful to God for my wonderful daughters, Micki and Jennifer, and for their husbands and their children.
- I’m thankful to God for Poppet and Pinky and the joy they bring to our lives.
- I’m thankful to God for the publishing professionals I work with and all they do to help me create the best books possible and help them to reach readers.
- I’m thankful to God for the readers who buy my books, making it possible for me to continue to write.
- I’m thankful to God for His written word, that I might know Him.