I am now 18 days into my new life in the land of Macintosh. While there have been a few stumbles (anyone know how I can open a Microsoft Publisher document on an iMac?), all in all I have to say I’m loving my new baby.
- I love that I can press the On button and be using my computer in about 25 seconds.
- I love that I can drag and drop album covers into my iTunes with no added steps.
- I love how easy it is to remove programs if I change my mind.
- I love that I don’t need to buy lots of new programs because just about everything I need comes bundled and built into the Mac.
- And those widgets in the Dashboard are just about the cutest things ever put on a computer.
I spent much of Saturday redoing the time line for RTM. Hours and hours messing with calendars and birth dates and character charts and so forth. Tomorrow, I’m making one more pass through the manuscript, making sure that I’ve made all the changes that are required with the reworked time line. More than once, I’ve felt like my head could explode with all the minute details. I hope to be done with this soon so I can start writing new pages again.
And, hey, I’ll be writing those new pages on my new iMac. They should be even better than before, right?