Okay, Idol fans. We are less than two months away from the start of another season. Quite a few changes coming our way. All the judges we've had in the past are gone except for Randy. (I'm gonna miss Simon!) The show is moving from Tuesday-Wednesday to Wednesday-Thursday. No more semi-final voting from the viewers. And more.
You'll find a whole blog post written by a self-described "idoloonie" (I like that) over on EW: 'American Idol': New night, music videos, no semifinals, one-hour results shows. Which changes will do us good?
UPDATE: I got some questions on Facebook about who the judges were in the past, so thought I would update this post with the information I shared there.
- Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler (Aerosmith) are the two new judges beginning in 2011, Season 10
- Randy Jackson (2002-) has been a judge from the start and still is for Season 10
- Paula Abdul (2002–2009), Seasons 1-8
- Simon Cowell (2002–2010), Seasons 1-9
- Kara DioGuardi (2009–2010), Seasons 8-9
- Ellen DeGeneres (2010), Season 9