Best-selling novelist Robin Lee Hatcher, author of more than 75 books, is known for her heartwarming and emotionally charged stories of faith, courage, and love. Robin is an eleven-time finalist and two-time winner of the prestigious RITA® Award. In addition to the RITA and many other awards, she is the recipient of Lifetime Achievement Awards from both Romance Writers of America® and American Christian Fiction Writers, When not writing, she enjoys being with her family, spending time in the beautiful Idaho outdoors, Bible art journaling, reading books that make her cry, watching romantic movies, and decorative planning. Robin and her husband make their home on the outskirts of Boise.
Robin Lee Hatcher is the best-selling author of over seventy-five books. Her well-drawn characters and heartwarming stories of faith, courage, and love have earned her both critical acclaim and the devotion of readers. Her numerous awards include the Christy Award for Excellence in Christian Fiction, the RITA® Award for Best Inspirational Romance, Romantic Times Career Achievement Awards for Americana Romance and for Inspirational Fiction, the Carol Award, the 2011 Idahope Writer of the Year, and Lifetime Achievement Awards from both Romance Writers of America® (2001) and American Christian Fiction Writers (2014). Catching Katie was named one of the Best Books of 2004 by the Library Journal.
Robin began her writing career in the general market, writing mass market romances for Leisure Books, HarperPaperbacks, Avon Books, and Silhouette. In 1997, Robin felt called to write stories of faith and hasn’t looked back since. She has written both contemporary and historical women’s fiction and romance for CBA publishers (Thomas Nelson, Zondervan, Revell, Steeple Hill, Tyndale House, Multnomah, and WaterBrook).
When not writing, Robin enjoys being with her family, spending time in the beautiful Idaho outdoors, Bible art journaling, reading books that make her cry, watching romantic movies, and decorative planning. Robin and her husband make their home on the outskirts of Boise.
- Robin wrote her first novel on yellow legal pads from March to November 1981; it was published in 1984
- From 1984 to 1999, Robin had 30 releases for the general mass market; beginning in 1999, she has had over 45 releases in the Christian market
- There are over 5 million copies of Robin’s books in print worldwide
- The overriding theme in Robin’s books is the beauty of God’s grace and the joy of second chances
- Robin is a popular speaker at writers’ conferences and Christian women’s retreats
- Robin is a past president of Romance Writers of America (1992-1994) and served on the RWA board of directors for five years
- In 2001, Robin was the recipient of the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award from Romance Writers of America
- In 2014, Robin was again honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award from American Christian Fiction Writers
- Eleven of Robin’s books have been finalists for the prestigious RITA Award and two of her novels received the award
- Eight of Robin’s books have been finalists for the ACFW Carol Award and one of her novels received the award
- Robin’s novel, Whispers From Yesterday, received the Christy Award for Excellence in Christian Fiction.
2001 Lifetime Achievement Award acceptance
2001 RITA Award acceptance
1999 RITA Award acceptance
1999 100 Huntley Street television interview
Robin’s agent: Natasha Kern
Photo Downloads (High Res)
(click on photo to open new page; right click to save hi-res version)